Click to vote for my blog!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Emotional Inventory




Every now and again it is good for the soul to do a little emotional inventory. In the church years ago, I was taught that emotions are just feelings and not to pay any attention to them. I have learned over the years, it is imperative that you do pay attention to them. The emotions are so often overlooked in the run for perfection feeding the intellect and the will of a person. If you leave emotions out of the equation, you end up taking action without evaluating how you feel about it. We may want to do something, the will says yes, but the emotions are there saying no... 
Please don't! Tonight, I find myself thinking about so many different things. I find myself feeling all sorts of emotions. Brett went for his first neurologist visit today. He will go in a few weeks for a Video EEG & MRI. It is a strong possibility that he is indeed having seizures. He will return for an extended 48 hour Video EEG as soon as the can get the insurance approval and the appointment scheduled. His answers will come, and there are a lot of emotions that I am feeling about it all... Seems a bit overwhelming at the moment, I have so many other emotions to deal with at the same time. Gosh, it makes me so mad... Just the thought that seizures may have 


been overlooked by medical professionals once again, now in Brett is taking it's toll on my sanity. We have been through so much these past few years in this Epilepsy battle. I refuse to give up hope, I figure worst case scenario if Brett is diagnosed with Epilepsy and is similar in any way to Brynn... Perhaps it will lead to answers as to WHY and prayerfully better solutions.
 So, my emotional inventory is being worked out as I type this. We will get through this valley as all the others that we have been forced through. Not only will we get through, but we will get through and come out stronger than ever before in faith and willingness to fight. I am a human being... I get mad, I cry and I laugh for lack of anything else in good times and bad. One thing I try to do is hold on, knowing that God would never give us more than we can handle. I just know that there is a reason and a purpose for all things, and all things work together for good in those that love God. Brynn's seizure count for August 22, much better than last August bringing 65! Keep the faith and try, try, try to stay positive! I will post an update when  I have more answers!













   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading about our world! We are always happy to hear from you!